In early 2007, the WASLI President, Liz Scott Gibson, met with the WFD President, Markku Jokinen, to begin the process of meeting and working together. From this meeting came the decision to make a ‘Joint Statement’ that embodied the commitment to work together. WASLI and WFD established a Joint Agreement (13 July 2007). WASLI is committed to working with the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD), an international non-governmental organisation representing approximately 70 million Deaf people worldwide.
- WASLI-WFD (Spanish)
- WASLI-WFD (Arabic)
- WASLI-WFD (Portuguese)
- WASLI-WFDB (Portuguese)
- WASLI-WFDB (Spanish)
- efsli – Europe
- RID & NAD – United States
- AVLIC CSD CAD – Canada
- AVLIC CSD CAD – Canada (French)
- ASLIA Deaf – Australia
- North Korea
- NNAD-ASLIN (Nigeria)
- Open Letter to Turkey’s President: Collaboration
- WFD Regional Latin America Regional
In October of 2013, WASLI and the World Federation of Deafblind were able to sign an MOU agreement of collaboration during the WFDB conference in Manila, Philippines. This agreement builds on our relationship and commitment to collaborate in order to ensure Deafblind consumers are represented in the work performed by WASLI.
This page aims to provide links to various countries’ Sign Language Interpreters Associations and related organizations. Further work is being conducted to show each country and to provide WASLI contact in countries where there is currently no association of interpreters.
ASSOCIATIONS OF SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS
- AIIC – International Association of Conference Interpreters www.aiic.net How to Join aiic
- BABELS – An international network of volunteer interpreters working alongside the Social Forums www.babels.org
- International Deaf Emergency – Tracking disaster relief around the world www.ideafe.org
- EUROPE EFSLI – The European Forum of Sign Language Interpreters www.efsli.org.uk
- USA World Deaf Information Resource Project cips.gallaudet.edu/wdi.xml